- COLLECTION OF PERSONAL DATA
Your privacy is important to us and we have taken steps to ensure that we do not collect more information from you than is necessary for us to provide you with our services and to protect your account.
Information You Provide Directly to Us
We may ask you to provide personal information when you use our website and services. The personal data that we may ask you to supply include, but is not limited to: (a) salutation, (b) name, (c) account password, (d) date of birth, (e) identity card number, (f) photos, (g) telephone number, (h) email address, (i) residential and work address, and (j) credit card information ("Personal Data").
Please note that it is mandatory for you to provide certain categories of Personal Data (as specified at the time of collection). In the event that you do not provide any Personal Data marked as mandatory, we may not be able to provide you with our products or services.
- Information collected automatically:
We automatically collect information from your browser when you visit our website. This information includes your IP address, your browser type and language, access times, the content of any undeleted cookies that your browser previously accepted from us (see "Cookies" below), and the referring website address.
When you visit the Platform, we may assign your computer one or more cookies, to enable tighter security, to facilitate access to our site and to personalize your online experience. Through the use of a cookie, we also may automatically collect information about your online activity on our site, such as the web pages you visit, the links you click, and the searches you conduct on our site. Most browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can usually modify your browser setting to decline cookies. If you choose to decline cookies, please note that you may not be able to sign in or use some of the interactive features offered on our website.
- Other Technologies:
We may use standard Internet technology, such as web beacons and other similar technologies, to track your use of the Platform. We also may include web beacons in promotional or other e-mail messages or newsletters to determine whether messages have been opened and acted upon. The information we obtain in this manner enables us to customize the services we offer our website visitors to deliver targeted advertisements and to measure the overall effectiveness of our online advertising, content, programming or other activities.
- Information collected by third parties and Google Analytics:
We may allow third parties, including authorised service providers and advertising companies, to display advertisements on our site. These companies may use tracking technologies, such as cookies or web beacons, to collect information about users who view or interact with their advertisements. This information allows them to deliver targeted advertisements and gauge their effectiveness.
As part of the above, we use Google Analytics features based on search and Display Advertising, including but not limited to the following: Remarketing, Google Display Network Impression Reporting, DoubleClick Campaign Manager integration, Google Analytics Demographics and Interest Reporting, Google AdWords, and other functionality. We also use Remarketing with Google Analytics to advertise online. Third-party vendors, including Google, may show our advertisements on sites across the Internet. The Company and third-party vendors, including Google, use first-party cookies (such as the Google Analytics cookie) and third-party cookies (such as the DoubleClick cookie) together to inform, optimize, and serve advertisements based on visitors’ past visits to us, as well as report how advertising impressions, other uses of advertising services, and interactions with these advertising impressions and advertising services are related to visits to us. You can opt-out of Google Analytics for Display Advertising and customize Google Display Network ads by changing your Google Ads Settings (https://www.google.com/settings/ads).
If you provide any Personal Data to us, you authorise us to collect, retain and use Personal Data about you for the following purposes:
- verifying your identity and/or performing background screening on Pros;
- providing you with a log-in ID for our website;
- connecting consumers with Pros for the provision of services and any other matters;
- managing your account and provide you with user support;
- performing research or statistical analysis in order to improve the Platform and for marketing and promotional purposes;
- communicate with you via email, postal mail, telephone and/or mobile devices or send you newsletters about our services that may be of interest to you;
- develop and display content and advertising tailored to your interests on our sites and other sites;
- enforcing our terms and conditions;
- publicly-display comments, ratings and reviews and other content provided by you;
- managing our business;
- making such disclosures as may be required for any of the above purposes or as required by law or in respect of any feedback or claims made by you; and
- performing functions as otherwise described to you at the time of collection.
Only with your consent or with your indication of no objection, we may use your name, phone number, residential or work address, and email address to provide marketing materials to you, including services provided by the Company.
We do not share your personal information with others except as indicated below or when we inform you and give you the opportunity to opt out of having your personal information disclosed. We may share personal information with:
- Professional advisors and authorised third party service providers:We may share your personal information with professional advisors and authorised third party service providers engaged by us to provide service including but not limited to: (a) data entry services, (b) user database management services, and (c) secure data disposal services. These third party service providers are engaged to fulfil the purposes specified above. They are under a duty of confidentiality to us and are only permitted to use your Personal Data in connection with the purposes specified above, and not for their own purposes (including direct marketing).
- Consumers and Pros:When consumers submit a service request through the Platform, their names will be shared with our list of Pro with the relevant skills and expertise. We will not share any other Personal Data of consumers with Pros unless the former elects to provide other Personal Data to the latter in the course of negotiations. When Pros bid for requests, certain Personal Data of Pros including name, telephone number and work address will also be shared with the customers who submitted the request.
- Government, Judiciary, Law Enforcement and Regulatory Agencies/Organisations: We may also disclose and transfer your Personal Data to the government, judiciary, law enforcement agencies and other regulatory agencies/organisations:
- In response to a subpoena or similar investigative demand, a court order, or a request for cooperation from a law enforcement or other government agency; to establish or exercise our legal rights; to defend against legal claims; or as otherwise required by law. In such cases, we may raise or waive any legal objection or right available to us.
- When we believe disclosure is appropriate in connection with efforts to investigate, prevent, or take other action regarding illegal activity, suspected fraud or other wrongdoing; to protect and defend the rights, property or safety of our company, our users, our employees, or others; to comply with applicable law or cooperate with law enforcement; or to enforce our website terms and conditions or other agreements or policies.
Any Personal Data supplied by you will be retained by us and will be accessible by our employees, any third party service providers engaged by us and third parties referred to above, for or in relation to any of the purposes stated above.
Aggregated and Non-Personal Data
We may share aggregate data that does not allow you to be identified with third parties for various purposes (including marketing and advertising), and may use this data in order to better understand your needs and to improve and adapt our products and services.
Any questions, comments, suggestions or information other than Personal Data sent or posted to the site, or any part of the site, by visitors will be deemed voluntarily provided to us on a non-confidential and non-proprietary basis. We reserve the right to use, reproduce, disclose, transmit, publish, broadcast and/or post elsewhere such information freely, including passing it to any associated company for example, in connection with the development, manufacture and marketing of services and to meet customer needs.
We may provide areas on the Platform where you can post information about yourself and others, as well as post reviews of the Platform. Such postings are governed by our Terms and Conditions. In addition, such postings may appear on other websites or when searches are executed on the subject of your posting. Also, whenever you voluntarily disclose personal information on publicly-viewable web pages, that information will be publicly available and can be collected and used by others. For example, if you post your email address, you may receive unsolicited messages. We cannot control who reads your posting or what other users may do with the information you voluntarily post, so we encourage you to exercise discretion and caution with respect to your personal information. Once you have posted information, you may not be able to edit or delete such information.
Further, in chat rooms between consumers and service pro, while we expressly prohibit the collection, harvest and publication of Personal Data by users of the Platform, we cannot guarantee that no such breaches will occur. Thus, Members are advised to exercise due diligence and caution and to disclose only the necessary Personal Data that enables the provision of services by Service Professionals to consumers.
Our Platform is not designed for children under 18. Only persons 18 years of age or older may use the Platform. If we discover that an individual under 18 has provided us with personal information, we will close the account and delete such information.
All reasonable efforts are made to ensure that any Personal Data held by us is stored in a secure and safe place, and accessed only by our authorised employees or authorised third-party service providers.
However, no system is impenetrable and no information provided over the Internet can be guaranteed to be completely secure. Accordingly, we cannot guarantee the security of any information that you transmit to us or receive from us over the Internet. You should take steps to protect against unauthorized access to your password, phone, and computer by, among other things, signing off after using a shared computer, choosing a robust password that nobody else knows or can easily guess, keeping your log-in and password private, and not recycling passwords from other websites or accounts. The Company is not responsible for the unauthorised use of your information, nor for any lost, stolen, compromised passwords, or for any activity on your account via unauthorised password activity.
If you have an online consumer account with us, you have the ability to review and update your personal information online by logging intoyour account. You can also review and update your personal information by contacting us. More information about how to contact us is provided below.
At any time, users can choose to no longer receive commercial or promotional emails or newsletters from us by accessing your user account and opting out. You also will be given the opportunity, in any commercial e-mail that we send to you, to opt out of receiving such messages in the future. It may take up to 10 working days ays for us to process an opt-out request. We may send you other types of transactional and relationship e-mail communications, such as service announcements, administrative notices, and surveys, without offering you the opportunity to opt out of receiving them.
Personal Data Officer
Toby Technology Limited
287-299 Queen’s Road Central,