About Nanny - Caregiver, Daycare, Child Care, Babysitter in Hong Kong
When should I start looking for a nanny? Since it takes time to understand the family and household situation, and then perform screening to prepare the matching procedures, we recommend parents to contact us 1 month prior to the desired service start date. Meanwhile, please allow time to communicate with the nanny and observe on the compatibility among the nanny and the kid. Leaving more time will ensure the adequate nanny service is allocated.
How to select the most suited nanny?
In order to save your time, our platform will pick the most suited nanny for you. When you have submitted the request online, we will gather the child's information and choose the nanny according to the following requirements: Experience Age Relevant Certifications Current number of kids the nanny is taking care of Nanny's location 1. You can learn the information of our recommended nanny as outlined in the sent information. 2. We will send the nanny's name and contact after the payment has been approved. You can contact the nanny to agree on the service details and scope, thus confirming the service time and date. 3. If you are not satisfied and want to change to another nanny after the probation period, we will follow-up the case and rearrange another nanny for you.
How to get along with the nanny?
If you're leaving your kid in the nanny's hands, please prepare items and instructions to handle the kid in order for the nanny to be familarize with the kid
How can I find out whether the nanny qualifies or not?
1. Communication via phone You can learn the nanny's professionalism and mannerism via the phone call, and thus estimating how well the nanny adapt to take care of your kid.
2. Listening to the kid's voice Even before your kid learns how to speak at infant stage, parents can pay attention to the kids' cries whether if the tone is different ie. turn husky. You would be able to differentiate apart from the kid's fear from being away from the parents or the incompatibility with the nanny.
3. Observe the psychological changes in your kid We do not recommend parents to ask the nanny to bathe the kid because shower time is an intimate moment to bond with your child. Another reason is often times the nanny might not be aware of wounds of the kid, avoiding showering the kid will prevent further injuries and uncomfort brought by someone that the kid is not familiar with. Besides, you should observe the kid's mood and behavioural changes after the hiring of the nanny. Beware of verbal and physical abuse scenarios.
4. Observe the interaction between the nanny and the child The nanny should know how to cope with cranky or stubborn behaviours, make an initiative to play and spend time with the kid. Besides, you can pay attention to household changes, for example are there any hazardous items (i.e. sharp) around or daily supplies misplaced.
5. Observe the nanny's personality and habits To prevent the nanny to spoil the kid, you can observe whether the nanny has bad habits? For instance, does the nanny purchase snacks for the kid without permission? Rude and loud mannerism that result in insomnia in the kid?