The long awaited augmented reality game Pokémon Go has finally launched in Hong Kong. Since its inception, there hasn’t been a global shortage of aspiring trainers that threw caution in the wind and found themselves in dangerous situations, breaking their phones if not their bones.
Here are 5 things you should be aware of before taking your phone to a repair service provider:
- Official repair centers have a longer turnaround time compared to phone repair service providers on the streets. The latter could save you anywhere from a couple hundred to $2000 compared to the former. One thing to bear in mind, your phone may no longer be protected by the warranty once it’s been fixed elsewhere.
- Confirm the fees with your repairer and understand what the service includes.
- If you can’t stay for the repair process, copy your phone’s IMEI number to make sure you’re getting the same phone back.
- Delete any personal information on your phone and do a backup.
- Take a picture of your broken phone and check if the problems have been fixed.
Can’t make it to Sham Shui Po, go on HelloToby.com to find a reliable phone repairer in your area!